The air has cleared in the condo, and I've lit a candle. Yesterday, workers three stories below us were refinishing a concrete floor. They used etching acid, and epoxy paint that released toxic fumes. The job has been shut down, and an inspector from the code violation department should be here today. We opened all the windows and turned on fans.
The refinisher had been working with all the windows and doors closed, no respirator, no fans. The fumes poured into the building's ventilation vents, air and heat ducts. Last night, after the fumes had left our condo, and we had come back, we turned on the heat. More fumes. We turned off the heat, opened the door to the balcony, and slept wearing layers of sweaters, socks, and pajamas. It hasn't been this cold in Florida since the 1940s. I wore one of John's fleece tops. He also gave me a pair of his flannel pajama bottoms. I'm still wearing them--dark blue printed all over with pairs of bright red dice. Good luck to all today!